Saturday, August 7, 2010

Green smoothies to go

Yesterday morning I thought I'd try a green smoothie for breakfast. I need more greens, to round out the other veggies I have no problem fit in. Here is my first, very own smoothie recipe, and it was great!

Take one blender.
Add 1/2 a banana
One ripe kiwi, peeled
One large leaf of kale, with the spine removed, and chopped into large pieces
Three ice cubes

Mix on "crush ice" speed until the ice is broken up.

Then , add 1/2 a cup of vanilla soy milk, and blend until smooth.

Enjoy!

You can't taste the kale, and the kiwi seeds add fabulous texture.

Dark leafy greens have lots of vitamins and minerals, as well as such as sulforaphane This is an antioxidant chemical thought to have cancer fighting properties. Kale is related to broccoli and cabbage, from the brassica family. Chopping or blending kale helps release its phytochemicals, making it ideal for smoothies!

No comments:

Post a Comment