Monday, January 2, 2012

And she's back!

Happy 2012 everyone! I hope you had a fabulous New Year, and holiday season.

Last year was awesome for my eating healthily goals...we managed to make our way through our organic fruit and veggie box every week, stuck with our no meat unless it was local and ethical (and from my friend's butcher shop, the Manotick Village Butcher), and we ate out far less. We incorporated more beans and legumes (are they the same thing?) into our diet, and stopped buying soda (for the most part).

This year I am tackling something slightly different. I have made a decision to be more environmentally conscientious this year. I've cleaned up my own toxic environment within my body...now it's time to focus on that outside of me.

Since I find chronicling my experiences really motivating, I'll blog about it here. Perhaps you'll find something interesting that is helpful to you and the environment.

Here's to a greener 2012...(and with the green theme in mind, here is a picture of a weed from my garden last year that took serious work to remove without herbicides! Beware the very, very noxious Colt's Foot weed)

No comments:

Post a Comment