Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dinner tonight

Sorry for the break in posts -- we moved into town this past weekend, which has been great but busy! I still plan on coming out to Manotick to get my meat from the Manotick Butchery.

I went shopping at Rainbow Foods to get groceries, and lost myself for an hour. The same can be said for picking up new kitchen utensils at Kitchenalia. We've downsized, but I am investing money that would be spent on eating out and gas into making a healthy lifestyle the easy and enjoyable choice!


Tonight for dinner, a yummy, quick and healthy recipe that I created all by myself. I am beaming proud at how it turned out.

2 large organic sweet potatoes
1 lb organic spinach
1 package tofu burgers (La soyarie in this case)
1 tbsp fair trade curry powder

2 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil

Saute spinach in 1 tsp olive oil. Set aside in a bowl.

Dice sweet potatoes and saute in 2 tbsp olive oil for a few minutes. Throw in 1/4 cup of water, cover with a lid and let steam until the sweet potatoes are soft. Dice tofu burgers, chop sauteed spinach, and mix into sweet potatoes with curry powder. Heat until all ingredients are warm, and adjust seasoning to taste.


2 cups of mixed brown rice prepared as you normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment